Trying to report a bug in Hibernate

Hi!

Just tried to report a bug in Hibernate, but I’m not able to connect to Jira.
I get “try again” and nothing else.

Please help!

P.S. Here’s what I did:

According to https://status.atlassian.com/ this should work. Did you try again today? Maybe this was just a temporary issue with the google authentication?

As per my comment here I’ve been trying to get access to JIRA for about 3 weeks with identical results.

Just tried again. Same result

Major difference for me is that I am using an existing id.atlassian.com account

Did you try to get in touch with the Atlassian support team yet? I know from another user that there are some issues with authentication, but I think it’s best if you get in touch with the support team yourself.

Thanks. Will do and I’ll report back.

1 Like

Did you try to get in touch with the Atlassian support team yet?

Will do and I’ll report back.

I have just heard back.

It seems like the Cloud instance you’re pertaining to has been inactive since 2013 : (hibernate.atlassian.net)
May I know if you’re pertaining to a different site and you need technical assistance? Can you provide to me as well the name of your site admin so I can check the support eligibility for your request?

To which I have replied:

It seems like the Cloud instance you’re pertaining to has been inactive since 2013 : hibernate.atlassian.net

This seems strange. If I approach the JIRA instance at this URL [1] with an anonymous browser window I can access a case which was created on the 11th of June this year, so it would appear to still be active. I just cannot get at it via my Atlassian account (which I need to do to be able to log bugs).

May I know if you’re pertaining to a different site and you need technical assistance?

No, that is the site I want to log in to. It is an open source project and I am struggling with the on-boarding of established accounts. There is evidence that this is also a problem for people logging on with a GoogleID [2]

Can you provide to me as well the name of your site admin so I can check the support eligibility for your request?

I have no idea who the site admin is for Hibernate. I’ll ask for them to reach out to you at this ticket number.
[1] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/BVAL-772
[2] https://discourse.hibernate.org/t/trying-to-report-a-bug-in-hibernate/5645/3

I don’t think there is anything more I can do. Can whoever manages your JIRA get in touch with them or reach out to me by email so I can attach their details to the ticket CA-1487142

1 Like

Just to be sure - tried again today and no luck at all.

I reached out to them. Let’s see what they say

More overnight from Atlassian support

I’ll await further information so we can locate the account you’re referring to.

Watch this space, I guess. I’ll keep this note updated.

They got back to me and seem to have found at least part of the problem in their systems. The reply sounded ominous - I fully expect our instance to be deleted soon lol.

Anyway, they are supposed to get back to me

1 Like

According to our support team, after solving this problem there will not be issues with creating accounts in hibernate.

They did not say when “after solving” would be, but I asked for clarification

I’ve been told they expect this to be resolved by Monday 10/4/2021

According to Atlassian JIRA login should work again. Can you please give it a try and let us know.

Was anyone able to create a Jira account?