Hibernate 5.3 introduced error with Glassfish

I switched from Hibernate 4.3.5 to the latest Hibernate Version 5.4.1 and got after that always this error:

javax.ejb.EJBException: java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/type/TypeFactory$$Lambda$90/975724693
at …myClasses…
at …myClasses…
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.runMethod(EJBSecurityManager.java:1081)
at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.invoke(EJBSecurityManager.java:1153)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.invokeBeanMethod(BaseContainer.java:4820)
at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.invokeBeanMethod(EjbInvocation.java:656)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:824)
at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.proceed(EjbInvocation.java:608)
at …myClasses…
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor97.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:823)
at org.jboss.weld.module.ejb.AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.aroundInvoke(AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.java:81)
at org.jboss.weld.module.ejb.SessionBeanInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SessionBeanInterceptor.java:52)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor93.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:823)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.doCall(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:163)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.aroundInvoke(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:140)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor94.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.InterceptorManager.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:369)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.__intercept(BaseContainer.java:4792)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.intercept(BaseContainer.java:4780)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EjbAsyncTask.call(EjbAsyncTask.java:101)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/type/TypeFactory$$Lambda$90/975724693
at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.wrapException(Util.java:700)
at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.StubInvocationHandlerImpl.privateInvoke(StubInvocationHandlerImpl.java:246)
at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.StubInvocationHandlerImpl.invoke(StubInvocationHandlerImpl.java:140)
at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.codegen.CodegenStubBase.invoke(CodegenStubBase.java:226)
at …myClasses…
… 42 more

The error happens in Glassfish when I try to call a method from an @EJB variable where Glassfish resolves it via reflections - as you can maybe already guess from the StackTrace.
I tried Payara 4 and Glassfish 5, but got always this error. Then I tried Hibernate 5.2.18 and the error vanished in Integration-Tests, but had another error on deployment you fixed here: https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12396. So I had to move at least to 5.3.2 and the error got back. So the problem must be introduced in the 5.3 branch of Hibernate. But I have no clue what exactly causes it and how to prevent it.

Any ideas?