Removed Interface -> "PropertyAccessor"

Hello team,
I was using PropertyAccessor interface to create unknown column in database while runtime.But this interfave is removed in hibernate-5. I an i am not sure how to implement the newly provided interface PropertyAccessStrategy to fulfill my need.
I was using PropertyAccessor and reflection to generate getters and setter at run time.
Please suggest how i could fullfill my requirement.

// hbm file unknown field entry:

//Class implementing Dynamic behaviour.
public class MyDynamicClass implements PropertyAccessStrategy{

PropertyAccessStrategy accessor;

@Override
public PropertyAccess buildPropertyAccess(Class entityClass, String propertyName) {
	accessor = PropertyAccessStrategyFieldImpl.INSTANCE;
	return accessor.buildPropertyAccess(entityClass, propertyName);
}

}

Thanks

It’s almost the same. A PropertyAccessStrategy builds the PropertyAccess which then offers methods to retrieve getters/setters. Think a bit about it and you will find a way to adapt your implementation.

Thanks for your quick response.
But I am getting below error and i am not sure whether I ma implementing it correctly or not:

//Pojo Class.
public Employee{
private int id;
private String firstName,lastName;
getter/setter
}

//hbmfile.xml
<property name=“department” //this field is not declared in pojo and i need to create this runtime in db
type=“string”
column=“DEPARTMENT”
length=“100”
access=“org.example.service.MyDynamicClass”/>

//Implementation class.

public class MyDynamicClass implements PropertyAccessStrategy{

PropertyAccessStrategy accessor = PropertyAccessStrategyFieldImpl.INSTANCE;
@Override
public PropertyAccess buildPropertyAccess(Class containerJavaType, String propertyName) {
    return accessor.buildPropertyAccess(containerJavaType, propertyName);
}

}

Error:

Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to instantiate default tuplizer [org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer]
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityTuplizerFactory.constructTuplizer(EntityTuplizerFactory.java:91)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityTuplizerFactory.constructDefaultTuplizer(EntityTuplizerFactory.java:116)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.(EntityMetamodel.java:388)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.(AbstractEntityPersister.java:502)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:122)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.hibernate.persister.internal.PersisterFactoryImpl.createEntityPersister(PersisterFactoryImpl.java:96)
… 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityTuplizerFactory.constructTuplizer(EntityTuplizerFactory.java:88)
… 15 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: Could not locate field name [department] on class [org.example.model.Employee]
at org.hibernate.internal.util.ReflectHelper.findField(ReflectHelper.java:348)
at org.hibernate.property.access.internal.PropertyAccessFieldImpl.(PropertyAccessFieldImpl.java:34)
at org.hibernate.property.access.internal.PropertyAccessStrategyFieldImpl.buildPropertyAccess(PropertyAccessStrategyFieldImpl.java:26)
at org.example.service.MyDynamicClass.buildPropertyAccess(MyDynamicClass.java:30)
at org.hibernate.mapping.Property.getGetter(Property.java:308)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildPropertyGetter(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:270)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:145)
at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:63)
… 20 more

Please suggest.

You are trying to lookup the field/getter/setter methods for department on the java class Employee through calling PropertyAccessStrategyFieldImpl.buildPropertyAccess which the exception tells you doesn’t exist. I don’t know what you are trying to achieve here or how you did this before, but these are very basic exceptions that you can easily analyze yourself.

Hi beikov,
What I am trying to achieve is that:

1. I have a scenario where there is a pojo class say “Employee.java”.
  2. This class contains few defined fields like"id,FirstName,LastName" of employee details.
  3. But during runtime there can be chance of getting one more employee detail say “department”
    Note:- 1. The requirement is that i don’t have to declare “department” in pojo class but when we
    run the application hibernate automatically creates “department” column in table which
    was achieved by declaring access=“anypackage.MyDynamicClass”(Ref: attached img)

Hibernate

4. This was working using "propertyAccessor" interface of hibernate-4 but same i am 
                      trying to achieve using "PropertyAccessStrategy" in hibernate 5 is not working.

i.e. The Pojo class have two methods:
getProperty(String propName)
which returns the property value whose name is passed through propName.
setProperty(String propName, Object value)
which sets the value of property whose name is passed through propName

So I wanted to know how this requirement can be achieved.

I don’t understand your problem. You can do the same as you could do before. Just implement the interfaces PropertyAccessStrategy, PropertyAccess, Getter and Setter. I won’t do your work for you. If you need someone to do your work, you will have to pay a consultant.

Thank You beikov for your pointers.

Regards
Vivek

@Vivek_Kumar Exactly I am facing the same issue currently during the hibernate 4 to 5 migration. I tried with both 'PropertyAccessStrategy,PropertyAccess` but nothing works. Did you find any solution for this?