In Hibernate 6.3.1 Final getting NoClassDefFoundError for org/hibernate/type/descriptor/converter/spi/EnumValueConverter

Hi Team when i am upgrading hibernate 6.x version i am getting different different issues in every version

In 6.1.7 Final
Error :- 'class org.hibernate.metamodel.mapping.internal.EmbeddedForeignKeyDescriptor cannot be cast to class org.hibernate.metamodel.mapping.internal.SimpleForeignKeyDescriptor (org.hibernate.metamodel.mapping.internal.EmbeddedForeignKeyDescriptor and org.hibernate.metamodel.mapping.internal.SimpleForeignKeyDescriptor.

In **6.2.7 Final **

Error :- class org.hibernate.mapping.BasicValue cannot be cast to class org.hibernate.mapping.ToOne (org.hibernate.mapping.BasicValue and org.hibernate.mapping.ToOne are in unnamed module of loader org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader @522ba524))

**In 6.3.1 Final**
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/type/descriptor/converter/spi/EnumValueConverter
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:3373)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.base/java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3578)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2754)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.internal.util.ReflectHelper.getConstructor(ReflectHelper.java:350)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.boot.model.TypeBeanInstanceProducer.produceBeanInstance(TypeBeanInstanceProducer.java:34)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.boot.model.TypeBeanInstanceProducer.produceBeanInstance(TypeBeanInstanceProducer.java:53)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.SpringBeanContainer.createBean(SpringBeanContainer.java:208)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.SpringBeanContainer.getBean(SpringBeanContainer.java:124)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.resource.beans.internal.ManagedBeanRegistryImpl.getBean(ManagedBeanRegistryImpl.java:110)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.mapping.BasicValue.setExplicitCustomType(BasicValue.java:825)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.BasicValueBinder.fillSimpleValue(BasicValueBinder.java:1238)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hibernate.cfg.SetBasicValueTypeSecondPass.doSecondPass(SetBasicValueTypeSecondPass.java:26)

Wandering for solution 
Thanks

The error in 6.3.1.Final looks like a bug to me. Please create an issue in the issue tracker(https://hibernate.atlassian.net) with a test case(https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-test-case-templates/blob/master/orm/hibernate-orm-6/src/test/java/org/hibernate/bugs/JPAUnitTestCase.java) that reproduces the issue.

Note that 6.1 is not maintained anymore. For the 6.2 family, you can try 6.2.9.Final in the meantime. I think that particular issue you reported there might have been solved on the latest version. But even if it works, remember to still report the issue for 6.3, as 6.2 will only receive limited support at some point as well :wink:

beikov
how i can create a test case to reproduce that issue.

I just noticed, your stacktrace shows something about hibernate5. Did you upgrade to Spring Boot 3.1 and Spring Framework 6? Because earlier Spring versions do not support Hibernate 6.

we are now Spring-boot 3.1.3 and hibernate version 6.3.1

And does your app work now?

no i am getting the issue in this combination Spring 3.1.3 and hibernate version 6.3.1

beikov any possible solution here any jar or plugin we need to add
or for this solution you will provide a specific jar with solution or any pre-release
it will helpful
Thanks

i have already create a jira also :- [HHH-17241] - Hibernate JIRA

Please provide a test case that reproduces the problem, then we can look into your issue.