Hibernate Tools - Annotation Configuration Problem on Java 10

Hi,

I had setup of Hibernate Tools Annotations configuration which worked just fine until we didn’t update to Java 10 from Java 8… On the Classpath Tab of the Edit Configuration window I constantly get [Classpath]: Could not load AnnotationConfiguration.
I’ve tried including jar manually etc but nothing helped.
Project is SpringBoot 2.0.2.RELEASE

Help :slight_smile:

You need to add a StackTrace so we can get a better idea what happens.

org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Could not load AnnotationConfiguration
Could not load AnnotationConfiguration
  org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
  Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
    org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
    Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
    org.hibernate.boot.registry.classloading.spi.ClassLoadingException: Unable to load class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver]
    Unable to load class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver]
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Could not load requested class : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    Could not load requested class : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

This is quite descriptive. You don’t have the Driver library in the classpath.