Fail to marshall transformed content with HbmXmlTransformer

Hi,

I’m trying to use the HbmXmlTransformer to transform the legacy hbm.xml’s from my large legacy project into orm.xml’s. After successful transform to JaxbEntityMappings I’m getting the Exception on the marshalling the content into orm.xml:

org.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.api.AccessorException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “jakarta.persistence.AccessType.name()” because “accessType” is null.

Using the latest 6.2.5.Final and doing practially the same as in the [TransformHbmXmlTask.java](hibernate-orm/tooling/hibernate-gradle-plugin/src/main/java/org/hibernate/orm/tooling/gradle/misc/TransformHbmXmlTask.java at main · hibernate/hibernate-orm · GitHub] of the “hibernate-gradle-plugin”.

Obviously correlating XmlJavaTypeAdapter can’t handle the null values. Is there possibly any configuration to ignore that? Any help is higly appreciated,

Thanks,
Boris

Hi there, the transformation is incubating/experimental and there are a few unimplemented transformations. I guess it would be best if you report the problem by creating a JIRA issue and attach a reproducer if possible.