Error while starting the server

I am upgrading hibernate version from 5.1.17 to 5.4.11 and mssql-jdbc version to 7.2.2.jre8 . I am connecting to MS sql server

But while starting the server , I am getting below error message

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: An SQLException was provoked by the following failure: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.Long
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:118)
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:77)
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:74)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.handleThrowable(NewPooledConnection.java:505)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyResultSet.getLong(NewProxyResultSet.java:491)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.resultSetStartValueSize(SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.java:129)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.extractMetadata(SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.java:59)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.DatabaseInformationImpl.initializeSequences(DatabaseInformationImpl.java:65)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.DatabaseInformationImpl.(DatabaseInformationImpl.java:59)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.Helper.buildDatabaseInformation(Helper.java:155)
… 127 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.Long
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerResultSet.getLong(SQLServerResultSet.java:2328)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyResultSet.getLong(NewProxyResultSet.java:477)
… 132 more

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?