Dynamic Models and the obsolescence of hbm.xml

I have an app that utilizes dynamic models. We are starting to look at a new stack of Spring Boot 3 and Hibernate 6. However, what I’m finding so far is the hbm.xml is obsolete (if I try hibernate.transform_hbm_xml.enabled, it fails because of unimplemented association transformers), and that there’s apparently no way to express dynamic models using the HIbernate orm.xml extension, mapping.xml. Am I missing something? Am I too early in the adoption, and need to see further maturation of transformers or migration of feature to mapping.xml? Obviously, articles on the web are dominated by pre-Hib 6 information, so there’s a lot of false trails I’ve found, so I would appreciate some enlightenment. Thanks!

1 Like

The orm.xml extensions indeed do not cover all the hbm.xml functionality yet. The transformer is a best effort tool, so yeah, there are still some rough edges. We’d very much appreciate help on this matter though. Bug reports, test cases or even PRs with fixes for this areay would all be very welcome!

1 Like