Creating 2 session factories throw org.hibernate.DuplicateMappingException: Duplicate query mapping

Hi,

I’ve a legacy code that create 2 SessionFactory for the same database (for some unkown reason)
and it works , thatis 2 session factories are created in version 3.x

all entites are in hbm format for now

when I use the same code in version 5.4.x I get the following excption:
org.hibernate.DuplicateMappingException: Duplicate query mapping NAMES_QUERY_NAME

can some explain me why I get this error since I have only ine named query with that name or what have changed in version 5.X? Moreover when I use JPA annotation instead of hbm I don’t get this error.

And is there any reason to use 2 session factories for the same DB (one DB in system)

Thank u in advance

Maybe you include the same file multiple times? One possible reason for using multiple session factories is when you want to use a different data source for the second session factory. One could use a data source with read committed isolation level and the other serializable. Or one could be connecting to the primary whereas the other connects to a read-only secondary database.

Thank you for answering

I figured it out. I have only one hbm file. The thing is I use the same Configuration objet for both SessionFactories and from debugging I see the same instance StandardServiceRegistry is accesed with calling buildSessionFactory() method.

To solve it I cearted 2 different instanes of Configuration class and called on each of them buildSessionFactory();