Manual indexing without listeners

Hello,

it’s because if i don’t set autoregister_listeners to false with a shutdown cluster the startup is not working : org.hibernate.search.util.common.SearchException: HSEARCH400007: Elasticsearch request failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information so i was trying to make it more resilient with conditional configuration

But … after another reading of my configuration the call made to elasticsearch is maybe triggered because of this :

hibernateProperties.put("hibernate.search.backends.signature.index_defaults.lifecycle.minimal_required_status", "yellow");

Edit

if(!isElasticSearchClusterUp()) {
	hibernateProperties.put("hibernate.search.automatic_indexing.strategy", "none");
} else {	 
 	hibernateProperties.put("hibernate.search.backends.xxxx.index_defaults.lifecycle.minimal_required_status", "yellow");
}

i tried to remove the status check when elasticsearch is dead, but still get the error at the startup

HSEARCH400080: Failed to detect the Elasticsearch version running on the cluster: HSEARCH400007: Elasticsearch request failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information

In the meantime i check the documentation and i saw this :

Alternatively, you can tell Hibernate Search the Elasticsearch version to target. Hibernate Search will still query the Elasticsearch cluster to check that the configured version matches the actual version, but only after most of the metadata has been validated. This can be helpful when developing, in particular.

So i guess, it will not be possible to start with hibernate search enabled without elasticsearch up for now