@IndexingDependency for abstract Method

I think the @IndexedEmbedded might work because all the metadata for the index should be present with the abstract method?

public abstact class A {
    @GenericField
    public abstract String value();

I’m not asking Hibernate Seach to pick up any new possible fields of I1 or I2 (like the additional childName of [HSEARCH-438] Support runtime polymorphism on associations (instead of defining the indexed properties based on the returned type) - Hibernate JIRA), but just the ones i explictly require in the base class.

Im going to try that once i have my model complete and can run some searches.

Edit: Tested it and currently does not work: Just as yrodiere said, once the abstract class is used in @IndexedEmbedded Hibernate Search again wants to check it and is not able to discover all derivedFroms.

The error is:

Hibernate ORM mapping: 
        type 'I1': 
            failures: 
              - HSEARCH800007: Unable to resolve path '.value' to a persisted attribute in Hibernate ORM metadata. If this path points to a transient attribute, use @IndexingDependency(derivedFrom = ...) to specify which persisted attributes it is derived from. See the reference documentation for more information.
        type 'I2': 
            failures: 
              - HSEARCH800007: Unable to resolve path '.value' to a persisted attribute in Hibernate ORM metadata. If this path points to a transient attribute, use @IndexingDependency(derivedFrom = ...) to specify which persisted attributes it is derived from. See the reference documentation for more information.